Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.08.2026

Swiss Days Weekend

I had my pediatric clinical Friday all day until 5:00. Then I had to head home and get Chewie and my stuff and then got to Heber around 8:00. Marshall went up right after school with the kids. That allowed them to volunteer in the scone booth and walk around the shops. James had a sleepover at Grandma Lowry's with Brooke and her kids. 

Saturday morning James, Tag, and I ran the Swiss Days 10k. It is a new course so that was fun! It was a bad idea to do our 50-mile bike ride this week because my legs were not fresh. We all just pushed hard and ran as fast as we could. 
James took first in the whole race. Tag and I took first in our age groups. It was so epic! James won a prize basket with a minky blanket, some hats, stein, and a nice Owala water bottle. 




Sienna and her cousins bought these cute bags. 
We watched the parade and cheered for Grandpa's band. Marshall drove the float. Lynnlee, Kade, and Kade's friend Hayden. This was Kade's year to bring a friend for the weekend. Aunt Kathy and Stacey came to the parade to support my dad. Brooke's family was there and the cousins had fun together. 
Kaden, Hayden, Tag, and Sienna volunteered in the scone booth Saturday night. Lynnlee and I went shopping at the booths. Marshall and James left after the parade to go hike Mt Nebo. 
We enjoyed hanging out at my parent's house the rest of the weekend. The girls did lots of crafts.
We enjoyed our evening walk with my Mom. 
The sky was really cool.
Pajama party in the twin room!
We went to the hot pot one night so Hayden could experience the hot pots. It was a cooler night so it felt good. 
Stay tuned to Part 2 with Labor Day crawdading. 

It was a very emotional weekend. I knew it would be the last Swiss Days and Labor Day weekend with my mom. I felt so sad. I also knew that my mom's time on earth was coming to an end and that was also very difficult to think about.