The girls and I planned a trip to Bear Lake while the boys were in the Wind Rivers. It took us a little bit of brainstorming to decide where to go. Last year, we went to Lava Hot Springs and had a lot of fun, but we didn't really want to go again. Then I looked into Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It looked like a fun town with plenty to do, but it was a 7-hour drive, and I wasn't really sure I was up for that. Then one day Lynnlee was talking about how the Bear Lake hoodie she bought the last time we were at Bear Lake was getting old and she wanted to get a new one. Then we decided that is where we should go. I found an Airbnb that was the least expensive but still nice and not scary. It had a pool and hot tub which was a big bonus. I invited Lydia and Miriel to join our girls' trip. The boys left early Monday morning. I went to clinical Monday morning. We left to Bear Lake when I got home from clinical around 3:00pm. I wish the girls had gotten a pink shirt and And Ones for Mir for Day 1. We got some for her by Friday but she didn't have them for this first picture.
Monday we had dinner in Logan on our way to Bear Lake. Then we got settled at our condo. The condo was one mile to the North of the restaurants. That night we got shakes at La Beaus. Then we shopped at the Bear Lake clothing company.We did facial masks and played Jack Box before bedtime. It was quite the site watching everyone present their invention with a face mask on. We had some good laughs playing Jack Box.
Tuesday we slept in. We needed a chill morning. I went running but I didn't get up really early. It was nice to get 8 hours of sleep. Then we drove to the North shore. It was cloudy and colder when we first got there. The temperature was in the 70s. I was a little sad because this summer has been so hot every day. All I could think was, the one day we go to the lake and the temperature drops from 90s to 70s. Thankfully the sun came out after lunch and it was hot and sunny until we left at 4:00. We all bobbed on our tubes in the water the whole afternoon. It was fun and relaxing. It was nice having the water to keep us cool. The bad part was that none of us used enough sunscreen. Everyone but Sienna got fried. We put sunscreen on when we got there and reapplied at lunch but not enough and we missed spots. Ouch! We all turned into tomatoes the rest of the night as the burns showed up.
The water was so low that there were plenty of places along the beach for everyone.
That night we went to La Beau's for dinner and got burgers, fries and shakes. Mine and Mir's was bun less and they are just not satisfying. It works but not filling.
The original plan for Wednesday was a pool day, but everyone was so burned that we wanted to avoid the sun. We went shopping at every souvenir shop instead. There are only a few souvenir shops so that didn't take us too long. We decided to drive around the lake. We stopped to get fuel on the south end, and the girls bought a half-gallon of chocolate milk and cups. By the time we got back to the condo, the carton was empty. We stayed at this souvenir shop the longest and took pictures.
Sienna and I went to the pool once we got back, but then it started to lightning and thunder. It continued to rain through dinner. We went to this fun pizzeria because they had gluten-free options. The pizza was very good.
We didn't order this pizza, but we had to take a picture of it before the family who ordered it picked it up. It was the size of 5 large pizzas! It took the whole table of the booth next to us!
Stripes are the best!
We got shakes on Wednesday night since it was our last night. I lived dangerously and had shakes the first two nights but by the last night my stomach was not about to let me have corn again.
I went running early on our last morning and it was beautiful with the sunrays.
We had to check out by 10:00. It was nice to get on the road and get driving because it was a 3-hour drive to Heber! We had such a great time together and played so much Jackbox. There was plenty of time to chill and relax. So grateful we could go on this trip!