James's mission farewell was a few weeks before but we had to do it early because of Labor Day and Ali and Dan going out of town.
It was really hard to know how many to plan for. I wrote down family who would be there, friends who would be there and added on a few more. That came to around 100 people. So I made 4 full cookie sheet size of breakfast pizza. Each one fed 25 people so I guessed that 4 pans would be enough. I ended up having another half cookie sheet because we bought sausage from Costco. The sausage came in tubes of 3 lbs each. We had three tubes. Each pound makes a half cookie sheet so with 9 lbs, it made 4 full cookie sheets and one half cookie sheet. It was the perfect amount. Then we had parfaits, fruit, and muffins. We had orange juice, chocolate milk, regular milk and water. I bought 3 containers of chocolate milk. I should have brough twice that or more.Whenever anyone asked to bring something, I told them muffins, sweet bread, or whatever side. We had people bring muffins, cinnamon rolls, and coffee cake. It was perfect.
The sad thing is that I didn't take any pictures. I was so busy being the host, refilling food, and such that I didn't even get around to snap any pictures. The weather was perfect so we had tables outside. James's friends grabbed food quick and then left to Jared's so that freed up a lot of space.
Erin Shephard, my good friend and Ryan's mom, brought flowers. They were beautiful and roses, my favorite!
