After my Mom was diagnosed with cancer, my sister Katie came for the summer to take care of her. Katie had to go back home on August 1. My siblings and I filled in and had a calendar where everyone took turns helping. Since I didn't have school for the first few weeks of August, I had the privilege of staying with my parents from Friday through Wednesday. It was a very special and priceless time. I will forever be grateful for that time. While I was there, my mom had visits from old neighbor friends, the Richardson sisters, Lisa and Noelle. The next day, the ladies she served with on the Heber Valley Camp committee came to visit. It was so fun hearing them talk and laugh. It would have been a blast being on a committee with them.
I enjoyed getting out on a run each morning.I enjoyed talking with my mom before her morning nap, throughout lunch, on our walks at night, and at bedtime. It was really hard leaving, knowing that time was running out.