Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

12.17.2013

Health

It all started because I forgot to give Lynnlee her prophylactic antibiotic before she went to the dentist. She had a teeth cleaning and she always gets antibiotics before no matter what. Thursday she came down with a fever and my first thought was Endocarditis because she didn't get her antibiotic. Watching her day after day with a fever, not wanting to leave the couch, and not eating was hard. Then James and Kaden got sick but James and Kaden just seemed like they had a cold virus but I was still worried about Lynnlee. Marshall and I came down with colds but we just pretended to be fine so we could tend to our sick kids. Sunday I read a news article about a 24-year-old who died of complications from endocarditis and then I felt worried even more. Monday I took Lynnlee to the pediatrician and he brought up the story from the news. He said sometimes Endocarditis fatigues some people more than others. He said he would draw blood cultures if she still had a fever Tuesday. Then Monday night Lynnlee seemed worse and was acting more fatigued. So we went to the ER at Primary Children's Medical Center. They examined her, she had a chest X-ray, and EKG. Thankfully the cardiologist thought everything looked good. She just has a bad virus but her heart is ok. Peace of mind at last!

The weather has been so cold that I haven't wanted to go anywhere the past few weeks. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of nice to have an excuse to stay put in our warm house and not have to go out in the cold.

One blessing is that I won a gift card to Rumbi. When I won it they told me it was a $100 gift card. When I picked up dinner Friday night it had $200 on it! Needless to say we haven't had to cook too much and Aunt Lisa brought us dinner one night too. Thanks Aunt Lisa!

This is what we've been doing since Thursday.




At the ER getting checked out.