Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.05.2016

Rose's Chicago Trip

I had the opportunity to go to Chicago for my cousin Jenny's wedding a few weeks ago. I flew out on a Thursday night and returned home Sunday night. The weekend was packed full of wedding festivities, touring the city, shopping, eating, and riding bikes along Lake Michigan. It was a really fun weekend! I don't get to see my relatives on my mom's side of the family as much so it was really nice spending time with them.
Our hotel had a nice big lobby where you could hang out.

Our hotel was by this huge two story McDonalds with an escalator inside. We ate breakfast there every morning because it was close, cheap and had good gluten free options for my family.


We toured the city on a double decker bus. I definitely recommend it so you can see a lot of the city in a short amount of time and it requires less walking.


These two buildings are a city within a city. They have everything you need including a bowling alley.



I could not get over the beauty of Lake Michigan. Seriously though, the water is the prettiest color!

We took a break from the bus and spent some time walking around Navy Pier.


You can't go to Chicago without stopping at Garrett's for some popcorn.

The Chicago river is also a beautiful sight. The building in the center is the Trump Tower. I'm not much of a fan of Trump but he does hire good architects.




We had cousins night and went out to the best Greek restaurant. We had fun catching up with cousins and their spouses!



We were so sad Katie couldn't make it! It's just not the same without her.

We took a charter bus from downtown to the Rockefeller Chapel where the wedding was held.
Ali is amazing at hair and she completed my beautiful up-do in less than ten minutes. I felt pretty fancy.

The chapel was large and beautiful. I'm so happy for my cousin Jenny and her husband Jordan. They are a great couple!

The wedding dinner afterwards was so delicious and the company was great.

I could live in Chicago if it meant I could ride or run along Lake Michigan everyday. It is so pretty!
My kids don't know much about Chicago but for some reason James knows about the Bean. I got this picture for him.


I'm so grateful I got to go on this trip. Marshall is a trooper for taking care of everything at home so I could go. Did I also mention that he took all five kids to fathers and sons! He's amazing!!!