Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

11.25.2019

Stand Out Phrase

It has been a year and a half since Marshall was called as bishop. It has been a roller coaster for sure. Something that I've noticed is that phrases, scriptures, lines of songs, lines of a conference talks stick in my mind for a time and I think about them and digest them. The one that comes to mind whenever the wife of a bishop load gets heavy is "I can do hard things." It's a great phrase and I also used it a lot when my twins were younger. Now though I've decided to add to it, "Because I love the Lord I can do hard things and he will help me through them."
Leaving to church in the car last Sunday I gave my kids the normal reverence pep talk to no avail. The three youngest were so difficult and I was in tears. So I ask myself, why do I do this? Then my quote came to mind.....because I love the Lord! Yes, there are hard days but I can get through them with the Lord's help.
In the morning when I run it's quiet and there are no distractions. I've been taking the time to just think and ponder. I never thought I could run without music or something to listen to but it's possible and quite enjoyable getting lost in thoughts. So the other morning I thought, "How does the gospel bless my life?" Many things came to mind. It gives me purpose, hope, faith, peace, guidance, and inspiration. It strengthens my marriage when we are both striving to be like Christ. It helps me parent and I especially rely on the Holy Ghost as a guide for parenting. The gospel helps me overcome my weaknesses and step out of my comfort zone.
Whenever I get a membership to somewhere I check to see if I'm getting my money's worth. Having a membership in the church is definitely worth it. My membership in the church definitely pays back LOADS more than I put in.