Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

2.15.2023

Valentine's Day

 The Valentine Man brought Comfys to everyone this year. Well, Lynnlee already had one so she got a dress. Everyone else got one though. They are oversized hoodies that are super comfy. They were a huge hit and they kids wear them all of the time. 



We hung on to all of the Valentine boxes from last year. That was the best decision and saved us a lot of time this year! Kade used the same box, as a reminder it is a soccer field, goal box, and goalie. The candy slot is in the goal. 
Taggart used his box from last year. It is was a basketball court with a basket and the hole is where the ball comes down out of the hoop. 
Sienna used Lynnlee's box which was a candy vending machine. It is so cute and looks so real.
I got to help in Kade's class party. I took the game Don't Eat Cupid (Don't Eat Pete). I took a bunch of different candies like Skittles, M&Ms, marshmallows, and chocolate chips to put on the game board Each kid got to choose which candy to use for their turn. Skittles was definitely the most popular. 

Marshall and I celebrated Valentine's the Friday before at a Valentine's dance. Our ward and our old ward collaborated planning a Valentine's dance. The first hour was dance instruction: fox trot and cha cha. The next hour was open to dancing. They also had a photo booth and lots of yummy finger treats and snacks. I took ballroom dancing in high school but I'm really not good at it. I also have realized that my hips are more masculine and don't move how they should. Which means I really don't feel comfortable dancing but I went for Marshall. He is a really good dancer and could really do a lot of moves if I didn't hold him back. 
Nonetheless it was a fun time with good company.