Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

3.23.2024

Montana

 My co worker talked me into working an event near Helena Montana with her. I traveled to Delta with her last year and enjoyed it but driving 7 hours to Montana is a different thing. Marshall was good with it and I decided it would be fun for me. The farthest I have driven straight was 5 hours to Mesquite so I was wanting to push myself and drive longer. I woke up early Wednesday morning and went for my morning run. Then I got kids off to school. I worked for about an hour and a half for Cotiviti. Then I took a quick power nap. This was key to making sure I wouldn't be driving drowsy. So I ended up leaving around 10:30 and I drove about five over the speed limit the whole way. The weather was great and I didn't have any traffic. I enjoyed the drive there. I took I-15 all the way and it was fun to see new places. Butte was so cool and interesting looking. I wish I had a picture but I couldn't drive safely and get a picture. I pulled into Helena around 5:00pm.  I checked into the hotel and they gave me a key. I went up to the room with my bag and walked in. The first thing I saw was an unmade bed. Then I saw a dirty bathroom and beer on the kitchen counter. I had a bad feeling and got out of there quickly. I went to the front desk and they gave me a new room and one that no one was staying in. I was a little freaked out after that. The temple was a few blocks from my hotel. I picked up take out and then drove by it. It was so beautiful and peaceful. It was right in the middle of a neighborhood. 

The weather forecast did not show snow. Jodi and I were so surprised to wake up to snow on our cars. We met up in the lobby and then drove to Townsend in a caravan. I was grateful she had been there before so I could follow her. It was so hard to see! It was about forty minutes from Helena in the mountains at a Quarry. Thankfully most of the roads were plowed and there was just a short few miles of snow packed roads. The clinic went really well and we were on the road around 11:30am. We caravaned to Idaho Falls. It was longer to drive to I-15 so we went through West Yellowstone instead. It was so beautiful. I was grateful I had energy to drive even though we had woken up so early. I also had a sack lunch that I snacked on for the four hour drive so that helped. 
We got to Idaho Falls around three and took it easy for the afternoon. Then we met up and went to dinner at Jakers. I had the best salad there. It was massive and so yummy!
 We stayed next to the falls so I walked around that night at sunset. It was beautiful!






I headed home Friday morning and got home before the kids got back from school. It was a fun and quick work trip. I don't think traveling for work is something I will do regularly but definitely fun to try it out!