Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.14.2009

"Did I hear a niner in there..."

James is 9 months old and the biggest change at this point is that his reflux or GERD has gotten so much better, it's pretty much gone. When he was 3 weeks old his reflux started and it was awful. He went through a couple of outfits everyday not to mention cleaning it off the carpet, crib, etc. He was like a volcano because you never knew when he would errupt. Many times I would be sitting in church and next thing I knew I was drenched. At one point we started keeping an ice cream bucket near by and he would spit up into that. This picture was taken when he was 2 months old. I know there are worse things than a child with GERD but it definitely makes life interesting.


I didn't know how I was going to get through the next 7 months when the doctor told me his GERD would get better when he was 9 months old. 9 months....that's how long I was pregnant for and that went by so slow! Luckily time has gone by fast since James was born and I really can't believe he is 9 months old.

James got to play with some of his cousins to celebrate 9 months. He had to be supervised because he kept trying to clobber Miriel and steal her toys.

Katelyn and Sid love to dress up in their princess gowns. Too bad I couldn't get all of them to look at the camera at the same time.
After lunch we all went to the park by Katie's house. It was such a beautiful day.
James had fun playing with Marshall when he got home from work.


He's sneaky and mischevious already. We have to keep an eye on him or else he is pulling all of the kleenex out of the box, unrolling the toilet paper, etc. I love this picture of him. It's like he's saying, "What, me? I would never do those things."
Happy 9 months! The experience has been much better with you out of the womb versus your nine months inside the womb!