Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.26.2009

Sewing Project

My Sisters-in-law and I love to hang out weekly. Sometimes we make projects, sometimes we go to the zoo, Thanksgiving point, a restaurant, etc.....it just depends. Tuesday we got together and sewed pillow cases.

I didn't take pictures of the whole process but you choose a graphic-I chose a dog. Then you pick three colors of fabric and layer them underneath. You sew the pattern of the graphic through all three layers of fabric. Then depending on what color you want showing for each part of the graphic you cut that deep throug the fabric. After that I sewed the whole thing onto a pillow case I had made. The pillow case has lots of little dogs on it.

Then you cut and fray all of the edges. I put it in the washer and dryer to help it fray better.


This is the finished product, minus the pillow.