Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

2.12.2010

Sewing Project #2

Back in October Bonnie, Beckie and I decided to make quiet books. I knew it would take more than a few days like most our projects take but I didn't think it would take 4 months! It's one of those projects that is way more complicated than you think. James will be the first to use it but I don't think I will ever make another one so it is for the whole family.

Here is the outside.

Page 1: match up the colors on the stop lights. There are felt circles that are velcrowed on.

Page 2: matching the colored balloons that are velcrowed on. I used a lot of velcrow in this book. Page 3: learn how to button.
Page 4: Pick the apples off the tree. Page 5: Take the clothes off the clothes line.
Page 6: Dress the Snowman. Page 7: Tie the shoe (ok so I'm not quite finished with the book. I still need to put in the shoe laces on the shoe).

Page 8: In the zipper pocket are animal finger puppets (this is the first time I've sewed a zipper in, not as bad as I thought it would be). Page 9: Learn how to tell time.

Page 10: Play a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. Page 11: Match the shapes.
Page 12: Serve up a banana split. Page 13: Place the train on track.
Page 14: Braid the horse's hair. I'm so glad to be finished. I'm glad I could finish before the baby comes!