Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

12.27.2010

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas weekend. I love living close to both families because we were able to spend time with each. Christmas Eve started out with bowling which has been a tradition started long before I was born.



We made bowling shirts a few years ago but after wearing them for 3 years they are getting kind of gross. (No surprise since I bought the shirts at DI and then ironed on the logos) I'm hoping to make new ones next year, plus Lynnlee needs one for next year. We didn't make her one this year since she's too little to bowl.


We were at the bowling alley for a few hours so Lynnlee got a little nap in while we were there. You know she's tired when she'll sleep on some coats piled up on hard chairs.


We spent Christmas Eve night at Grandma and Grandpa Lowry's party. James got a Tigger stuffed animal which he loves and sleeps with every night now.


We slept at my in-law's Christmas Eve. James and Lynnlee woke up at 8 Christmas morning. James loved opening presents. After he finished opening them he kept asking for more presents. We told him, "You opened all of them, go play with your toys." Then I realized I brought the wrong batteries for all of the toys they got. They all needed D batteries and I brought every battery BUT D size. Thank goodness Walgreens was opened. They saved the day.

Christmas afternoon we enjoyed a yummy smorgesbord with my family. There was way too much yummy food and I think I ate more than I eat at Thanksgiving. Then we played some games afterward. Usually we play basketball at a local church but there weren't enough of us to play. Hopefully next year will be better. It has become a tradition that I like just as much as everything else.

Marshall's parents spoke in church Sunday. It was a very nice meeting. Here are the kids in their Christmas outfits.
(I have no problem getting them dressed everyday, if only I was better at making sure their hair was done too!)

I love Christmas time. It has been an exciting time with Marshall's parents home, and Lynnlee pretty much back to normal.

In other exciting news, Lynnlee is now bearing weight and will stand with minimal help for about a minute. It is so exciting because she has never wanted to stand or bear her own weight. James was completely opposite. As soon as he had head control he would stand in my lap for hours. I remember thinking at times that I wish he would just be content sitting in my lap. Well that's how Lynnlee is and with her I'm always wishing she would stand and be more mobile :) The grass is always greener on the other side I guess. She also just started to roll from back to front so she's closer to crawling. Hopefully she'll be crawling before she turns one!