Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.12.2011

End of Summer

I don't want the summer to be over. Even though I'm happy not to wash beach towels and swimsuits, I really enjoyed all our time at Seven Peaks. I didn't get to run any long races this summer but I did have fun running the short races. I was able to check most items off my summer check list so I guess we're ready for Fall. Here are some of the things we did to finish off the summer:

We went to Swiss Days over Labor Day weekend. The weather was great for the parade.

Poor James has been scarred ever since hearing the cannons at the Orem parade. Anytime there are any loud noises at parades he plugs his ears...even when the loud noises are bands playing....it's funny but sad!

The Swiss Days 10K was my first 10K. I was happy with my time of 46:29. It was a beautiful morning and I couldn't have asked for better scenery!

Last weekend we went to the Heart Walk for Intermountain Healing Hearts. It is a fundraiser and walk for congenital heart defects. Lynnlee rode in the stroller but next year I think she'll be want to walk with us.




Our last stop for the summer was Cowabunga Bay. They have a super September special where you can go all day on Saturdays for only $10! It's a great water park for about age 10 and under. So needless to say James loved going on all the slides by himself. Lynnlee loved the warm water in the lazy river and pool!