Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

12.13.2016

Gingerbread Houses

The weekends are so busy during the holidays but it's a good busy. Saturday morning we went to Home Depot and everyone made a gingerbread man dish.



We painted them when we got home.


Then we went to an open house at Edge Homes. There was donuts and hot chocolate while we waited in line to see Santa. Side note: I just love blue eyes. I'm so grateful that I get to look at my kids' and Marshall's pretty blue eyes!

All of the kids loved Santa, even Taggart. Taggart is the most reserved and shy so it's fun to see him come out of his shell.


That afternoon I put together gingerbread house made out of graham cracker. I tried something new by melting sugar and using it as glue. It worked really well but I burned my hand a few times. Ouch! I got too confident and comfortable and then the liquid dripped on my hand.
The sugar glue dripped and ran down the houses so it looked a little sloppy but luckily it all got covered with frosting.


Sunday night we had our friends the Tibbs over for dinner and then decorated gingerbread houses. Taggart loved it and decorated his house for top to bottom. He stayed at the table the longest and wanted to keep going, even when there was no more room for candy or frosting.