Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

2.11.2017

HEDIS

I had been praying to find a work at home job and then my friend told me her company was hiring nurses to work from home. I knew it was an answer to prayer. I would have never found the job posting on my own. I tried not to get my hopes up when I applied because I have no experience in this specialty. Thankfully I got the job. I'm officially a HEDIS RN.

HEDIS stands for Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set. HEDIS is a tool used by health plans to measure performance of care and service. I will be collecting the data that shows if the care and service are being received.

I started training Monday and it was very overwhelming. Luckily it's all from home, even the training but being a mom is a full time job and there isn't a lot of free time for work so I stayed up late Monday. Thankfully with my mom and aunt Pat's help Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to get the training done during normal day hours. I felt much better by Wednesday night. It has been hard learning new computer programs along with the new job but it's getting a little better each day.

I've kind of worked all over the house this week taking the laptop wherever the kids are. Today I set up in the sewing room and I think working from home is feeling pretty good.