Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

2.24.2017

Valentine's Day '17

Valentine's Day came and went so fast. We like keeping up with the tradition I had growing up. The Valentine Man brings everyone a valentine. The Valentine Man was my dad growing up and so Marshall has taken that on. My kids all know he is the Valentine Man but it's a fun little way to start the day. He got everyone a chocolate frog, monkey, or bear.
I attempted a heart hair style for Lynnlee. It wasn't quite what the original picture looked like but close.

Lynnlee made a valentine bag with her class. James got to make a valentine box at home for his class. He said he wanted BB-8. I'm so glad I talked to Ali before we started making it because her suggestions for making it were way better than what I had planned. We found these white bowls from the dollar store. I cut ten pieces of cardboard into rings and glued them to each other and taped them in between the bottom bowls to give it a space for the valentine's to drop in. Marshall designed the the bowl on top so it rotated and moved around. So creative! Ali designed the cute graphics. She's amazing. James colored the graphics, cut them out and helped glue them on.
I forgot to take pictures when we first finished and so the papers all got a little wrinkly at school.


We had dinner at home as a family that night. I forgot to take a picture but thank goodness for left overs for lunch the next day. I snapped this picture. I got the heart strawberry idea on Pinterest. :)