Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.31.2018

Women of Steel

 I completed the Women of Steel triathlon! I really enjoyed the course and would definitely do it again. Ali was suppose to do it with me but had an injury so she ended up not being able to do it. Hopefully she and I can do it together next year.

It was a cold morning but the pool was extra warm so that felt nice. I swam faster than my last race so that was good.
 I took my mountain bike because I was worried the roads would be wet. They ended up being dry so I should have taken my road bike but oh well. I am way more comfortable on my mountain bike.

I ran a faster 5k than my last triathlon.

 Thankfully the rain held off until after the race finished.


Overall I was happy with my times. I finished 5th in my age group. 30th overall (out of 198)
It was a 12 mile bike compared to my last one which was 10 miles. I think I went faster per mile on this course...way better course than last race.

Swim- 7:22
Transition 1- 2:25
Bike- 48:44
Transition 2-2:18
Run- 23:12

Finish- 1:24