Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.21.2018

Lowry Family Reunion '18

The Lowry Family Reunion was in Lava Hot Springs. We had an eventful drive there. The tire blew right before we crossed the boarder to Idaho. Thankfully we were able to pull off on an exit and change the tire and get back on the road without any other damage or problems.



We got there Thursday night as it was getting dark. We had this cute flamingo welcoming us. As you will tell from the pictures, flamingos was the theme. I don't remember how it was chosen but a few months before flamingos became a family joke. We had a group text going and would send pictures of clothes, decor, etc. with flamingos. It was pretty entertaining.
We got settled in and then went to bed. Now days I am early to bed and love my sleep. It's much higher priority than five years ago.

Friday morning I went for a run to check out the city. First I went through town to the west and saw Lions Gate Manor where Marshall and I stayed one time before we had kids. Then I went east to a trail up above the camp grounds. Here are some views from that trail.



I loved running there and it was a great start to the day.

We played lots of 9 Square. We could have done that all weekend and been entertained.


We had a yummy breakfast Friday and Saturday mornings.

This is a salt gun for killing flies. It is seriously the most fun and now I want flies in my house. I will never use a fly swatter again. These two had a great weekend together.

Friday we did a group picture on the flamingos and before that they were a play ground for the kids.





I love my girls. Lynnlee and I were best buds all weekend and did everything together.


We thought everyone was in the picture until we finished and Kaden ran out of the trailer. He is such a funny kid marching to the beat of his own drum. He was photo shopped in later. Thanks Liv!

Friday and Saturday we rafted the river. It had just enough rapids to be pretty thrilling. We had the flamingo tubes which were a crowd favorite. We also rented some quad tubes and those were fun party tubes. By the last two runs down the river on Saturday the kids, minus James, were ready to be done with those tricky rapids.

Friday afternoon we went swimming at Lava Hot Springs pool. I wish I had some pictures from there. It is so much fun! There's the high dives that I was too scared to go off of. Marshall, James and Kaden all went off different platforms, not at the same time. There were various slides that were fun and some thrilling. I talked Lynnlee into going on the body slides with me. Little did she know I was just as scared as she was. It was fun though. The had some fun pools indoor and a hot tub for all ages. Finally! So nice that we could all sit and warm up. Why can't all hot tubs be for all ages.

We had so much fun seeing cousins especially when we only see some of them once or twice a year.  Fun memories made!