Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.06.2021

Taggart's Jr Jazz

Last year Taggart was mad I signed him up for Jr Jazz. As time went on he realized he really does like basketball and wanted to sign up this year. The rec center didn't have a volunteer to coach his team so they emailed all of the parents. No one responded. I love basketball but I've never wanted to coach basketball. Then the rec center started calling every parent on the list. My name was half way down the list and I couldn't say no. It ended up being a fun experience for Taggart and me. First graders just need the basics - dribbling, passing, shooting. To make defense simple each player wears a certain color of wrist band. You guard the person on the other team with the same color of wrist band. I had a set practice routine before each game that involved dribbling, passing and shooting. It was fun to see them make progress each game.