Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.07.2024

Kade's Date Night and Boxers Break

Marshall and Tag went to Monster Jam. Sienna went with London for the night. Lynnlee was with friends. James went to fight night with friends. That left Kade and me. He had a gift card for the gas station so we went and he got treats for our night. We got home and started watching the most recent Transformers. It was one he had been wanting to watch. 



We got about a half hour into it when I got a call from the parents who were hosting fight night. They own a PMA gym and James and his friends were there fighting. They told me they thought James dislocated his pinky finger knuckle. They turned on facetime so I could see it. I really don't know much about dislocations, breaks, sprains, etc. James wanted to stay and watch his friends so I told them I would pick him up in about an hour. Then I googled it. I read that immediate treatment was necessary in the event of a dislocation so it can be put back into place easier. So I had to cut my date night short with Kade. I felt so bad. He didn't want to go to Instacare so he was home by himself.

I took James to the only Instacare open at 8:40 on a Saturday night. We had to wait so long!
Eventually we saw the doctor. He said there is a very common break when boxing called the boxer's break. The x-ray confirmed that. James got a soft cast and they told us to meet with a sport medicine doctor to get a hard cast in a week.
We left there around 11:00 to head home. A storm had come in and there was snow sticking to the ground The drive home was long and slow. I was grateful we made it home safely.