Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.04.2024

Tommy Boy Moment: Hood Flying Up

James and I had quite a frightening moment. We were driving to UVU to return some library books. We had just gotten on the freeway. James asked me if he should get over or if we should take that lane to Orem. Traffic was moving fast so I told him we could just stay in that lane, thankfully! Right after that the hood flew up and blocked our view. Thankfully there was a little gap down low where we could see. We both sank down. We both stayed very calm. I calmly told him to slow down and pull over to the shoulder. He followed and did a perfect job. Once we were stopped, I got out and shut the hood. It was tricky getting back on the freeway because there so many cars and not very many gaps. James did great though. He sped up on the shoulder and merged back in. 

We were both shaky and in shock afterwards but we were safe. I'm amazed at how calm we both felt during the whole thing. 

I took this after to how it obstructed our view but at the bottom you can see.