Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.01.2024

Cake Decorating

 Tag having pink eye really put a damper on getting out and doing summer activities. It was a really bad infection in both eyes! At first I thought it was really bad allergies and then soon realized it was really bad pink eye. I think he probably touched something at the aquarium and then rubbed it in his eyes.

The good thing is that it forced us to think of fun summer bucket list things we could do at home. Cake decorating has been an activity my kids wanted to do again. We did it around 2018 but it was so much work. I haven't wanted to take that on again. I felt rejuvenated and energized. Probably since it was beginning of summer and so we tackled it. Lynnlee helped me bake cakes. I bought some smaller round pans. I think last time we made sheet cakes and cut circles in them. This time we baked smaller cakes and stacked them. Everyone could choose between chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. 

Lynnlee found out how to make marshmallow fondant at a young women activity. So we made a few batches and that was way cheaper than buying fondant from the store. It also tasted better. It's really easy to make too. I was so surprised!

Everyone ended up decorating it with a friend. I helped them get the first layer of fondant on because it was hard and then they took over from there.