Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

4.20.2009

Salt Lake City Half Marathon

Saturday I ran my first half marathon. I never knew how many people run the SLC marathon and half marathon. There were thousands of people there. The race started at Legacy Bridge on the U of U campus. There was a band and gospel singers on the bridge at the starting line rocking out as we were all getting ready. You could feel the excitement. It was a blast. The race finished at the Gateway Mall by the fountain. Here are the numbers.

Number of runners at the starting line: 5,192

Number of half marathon runners: 4,125

Number of female half marathon runners: 2,544

Number of female half marathon runners age 19-24: 349

Number of port-o-potties at the starting line: 40 (yes these are the lines for the potties!)

Ratio of runners to port-o-potties: 130:1 (not enough potties!)

Number of fans there to watch me: 2

Numbers of songs listened to during race: 29

Number of ounces drank during race: 8

Number of goo energy pack ingested: 1

Numbers of parks ran past: 2

Number of bands playing along race course: 3

Number of naps James took during the race: 1

Number I took in my age division: 29th


Minutes it took to run race: 110

Overall it was a great race and I would do it again in a heartbeat!