Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.14.2009

Tribute to Blankie

This is a tribute to James's blankie. James had ear infections about 2 months ago. During that time he grew attached to this blankie. It was a micro fleece blue and green blanket with a dinosaur on it. It was so cute how much he loved his blankie and always wanted it. He would cuddle with it on the floor, carseat, stroller, etc. He would nap and sleep better with it too. I think I grew attached to it also after seeing how much he loved it. I think it's in the genes. I was attached to my blankie for years, I actually still have my blankie (don't worry I don't have to sleep with it, it's in a box in the crawl space). I wish I could say the same about James's blankie. It's a pretty sad story. It was lost at SeaWorld when we were there Friday.
We took it with us to SeaWorld even though it was 95 degrees outside. When the storm hit I was really happy we had it though. He snuggled with it and stayed warm. The storm was horrible and lasted longer than we thought. We had to run through the rain to meet our ride to the resort. When I last looked James had his blankie. When we got to the car it was gone, just like that! There was lightning and thunder so it was too dangerous to go back and look for it. We had to leave. When we went back to SeaWorld Saturday no one had turned it into lost and found. James didn't sleep very well the rest of the trip. It was so sad. This blog post is dedicated to the blankie. Here are some pictures of James and his blankie.