Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.05.2009

Family Vacation

Our favorite part of going to Florida was our family vacation. Marshall finished his conference Saturday night. We checked out of the hotel, picked up our rental car, and headed south to Venice, Florida.

Two of my Aunts live there and my Uncle has a condo on the beach where we were able to stay. We got to Venice late Saturday night so we didn't have a chance to walk on the beach but Sunday morning before church we went out on the beach.

This is the pet tiger of the condo. James thought he was pretty cool!

We went to church at the ward my Grandmother used to go to and enjoyed seeing her friends. After we went to my Aunt Donna's for lunch. (in the picture is my Uncle John, cousin-Margaret, Aunt Donna, Aunt Debbie, and Uncle Joel).

That night we drove to Siesta Key and saw the sunset. It is my most favorite beach in Florida. James fell asleep in the car on the way there and slept through the whole thing.


I realized I had forgotten my swimsuit at the hotel in Orlando. :( Monday morning we had to go find a replacement so we could go to the beach. Luckily we found one that wasn't too grandma-ish. Luckily since I took most of the pictures I managed to keep my cute grandma swimsuit out of the pictures :)
After we found a swimsuit we spent the day at Siesta Key beach. The waves are smaller and the water is shallow so James loved it.

He had fun playing with this stick in the sand.

I would built sand castles and then he would destroy them. This was the biggest one I could make before he destroyed it.

We decided to bury Marshall in the sand. James thought it was so funny!

He would tackle Marshall's head and throw sand on him.
It was a great day. The temperature was 87 and the water was really warm. That night we had some of my friends from the ward over for pizza and games.


Tuesday we played on the beach outside the condo all day. I was mad at myself for not taking pictures but we did get some video which I will post later. That night my Aunt Donna offered to watch James so we could go to dinner. We wanted some good seafood. We went to Sharky's but they ended up being closed for maintenance so we took some pictures on the pier while we were there.

Then we went to this restaurant called Marker 4. It was right on the bay.

This was our beautiful view. We had a great time. Thanks Aunt Donna for watching James!

Wednesday we played on the beach one last time then packed up. We had to stop at Nokomis Groves on our way back to Orlando. This in an orange grove that makes fresh orange ice cream. It's delicious. We had fun taking some pictures.



James was asleep in the back and we enjoyed our ice cream on our way back to Orlando.

We were able to pick up my swimsuit from the hotel on our way to the airport, thank goodness since it's my favorite swimsuit. James did much better on the flight back home which was nice since we were all tired from the busy week! Thanks Sweetie for a great family vacation!