Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.29.2011

Pioneer Day

We had a great Pioneer Day this year! I think it will go down as one of the best! We started out the morning in Salt Lake at my Grandma's ward for breakfast. The food was delicious. There is a really cool pond and stream in the back of the church so the kids had a great time playing.





After breakfast we hiked to Ensign Peak. It is a perfect hike for all ages. Not too long, not too steep and a beautiful overlook when you get to the top. This is the trail head. Lynnlee fell asleep on the car ride to the trail head, hence why I'm cradling her in the picture.

James's nickname for the day was "Edward" because he was so white and pale after we put sunscreen on him.

Lynnlee woke up when we started hiking. She didn't want to be held and hiked for a little while. Her hair is a little crazy! She slept on it funny in her car seat.


This is the top. Silly face picture.

The three youngest.

Next year I hope all of my siblings can be there! Thanks for taking the picture Lovest, sorry you didn't get to be in the picture!

I wouldn't mind if this became a new Pioneer Day tradition. It was so fun!

That night we enjoyed the Charleston fireworks from my Dad's boat. Couldn't have asked for a better day!