Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.12.2011

Summer time

Before summer was here I was good about staying on top of house work, cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, etc. Now that summer is in full swing I have fallen short in all areas. Isn't that the great thing about summer though? You can take a break from the normal routine and it all works out in the end. James might be eating more hot dogs than normal because of my lack of cooking but at least he's fed. Since we spend most days at Seven Peaks there is less laundry. Since we don't spend as much time at home the house doesn't get dirty as fast, at least that is what I would like to think.

It's been a great summer so far! Lynnlee and James are at the perfect ages to be able to enjoy most anything. It's only going to get better as they get older and more independent.

We went to This Is The Place park for a family reunion in June. The petting zoo was a hit. Lynnlee was fearless around the animals.




Seven Peaks has been fun because James wears a life jacket so I don't have to keep such a tight watch on him. Lynnlee stays by my side and it's been fun.
We celebrated the 4th of July at my Aunt Kathy's house in Salt Lake. James learned how to go off the diving board or "jumping board" as he calls it.
I had high hopes of running a half marathon and marathon again this summer but that was shot to pieces so I decided a 5K was good enough. We ran the AF Steel Days 5K as a family. Marshall pushed the stroller. He never ceases to amaze me. He hasn't been training, he never runs with the stroller and yet he still beat me across the finish line. You better watch your back at the next race, honey, I'm coming for ya!
Here's to the rest of the summer! I hope to enjoy more family BBQs, swimming, and 5Ks before its over.