Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.05.2013

First Day

James had his first day of Kindergarten on Tuesday, August 27th. We had been talking about the first day of school for weeks leading up to it. He was so funny the day before when he asked me what day kindergarten was starting. I told him it was the next day and he said, "Oh nuts!" As we walked to the bus stop he told me he was excited but also a little nervous. He goes in the morning and rides the bus with other kids from our neighborhood. One of his friends who is in second grade told him she would be his bus buddy and make sure he got to class. Now they walk to the bus stop together.

Lynnlee had her first day of preschool on Thursday, September 5th. I wasn't sure if she would have a hard time since she's more of a mama's girl and home body. She also had a tough time transitioning to Sunbeams so I worried she wouldn't want to go. Thank goodness she went right into preschool without a problem and came home very happy.