Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.20.2014

Dirty Dash

I wasn't planning on running any races for awhile but when my sister offered me her spot in the Dirty Dash I couldn't pass it up. Marshall found someone selling their spot on KSL for cheap so he bought it so he could run it with me. I'm so glad he did. We had so much fun together.

The Dirty Dash encourages costumes and so we decided to go all out. Friday night we had date night to DI to find costumes.
Thank you DI for these amazing ensembles.


They start groups every 20 minutes to help keep the race course from getting too crowded. We decided to go early and we started the race at 8:40. It was a little chilly and I was so glad I had leggings and a sweater. There weren't too many people at each of the obstacles so we didn't have to wait in line which made it more fun.

The vibe at the race was so much fun. They had good music playing the whole time. It is not a timed even which takes the stress out of it. I felt like I was on Wipe Out. I felt like I could act silly and like a kid. It was fun getting all muddy and going through all the obstacles. Most of the obstacles are different mud pits and mud pools. Marshall did a back flip off into one of the pools.


This was taken at the finish line. I would definitely recommend this race and it would be fun to do again with family and/or friends in a big group.