Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.20.2019

PTA Advocacy Conference

This has been an interesting year for me. I have more time to myself since my kids are in school. I have thought a lot about what I want/need/should do to fill my time. I love the Lord and so first and foremost I want to be doing his will. I love going to the temple once a week. I have done some family history. I am more involved in the PTA which has been a blessing in all of the great friends I’ve made. Amazing women with strong testimonies and the right priorities. 
Last week I went to the PTA advocacy conference. I am the VP of Legislature for the elementary school PTA. My assignment was to go to the conference. So I didn’t go on my own account but because I was asked to. While sitting in the conference there were times I wondered why I was there. Some of the presentations didn’t apply to me and I felt out of place. Then there was a presentation about kindness. It was about a mom who became a hall monitor at Bingham High. While there she noticed all of the kids without friends. They would stay in the cars, corners of the school or wherever to avoid connecting with others. She also described how many kids didn’t have social skills to make eye contact, say hi, and make friends. She saw the problems it caused and decided to make a difference. She started a movement called the Golden Gate Movement. It was amazing how many lives she changed and continues to change. The Golden Gate movement is now in many high school, middle schools and elementary school. I was so touched. The main goal is to be kind a make connections. I loved all of the stories. We live in a world with so much evil and Satan is trying to hard. It’s discouraging. 
Then I hear great things like this happening to make lives better and I feel God’s love. These are pictures of the pledge kids make to be a part of this movement.