Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.23.2019

Spiritual Treasures

The talk "Spiritual Treasures" by Pres. Nelson during the women's conference is a treasure to me. I could read it over and over and learn something new each time.

In it he said, "As you shift your focus away from worldly distractions, some things that seem important to you now will recede in priority. You will need to say no to some things, even though they may seem harmless. As you embark upon and continue this lifelong process of consecrating your life to the Lord, the changes in your perspective, feelings, and spiritual strength will amaze you!"

I have been thinking about this while trying to decide the best use of my time. I feel like for the last two years I have been weeding out worldly distractions. It's really amazing to me that in the beginning there were so many things I THOUGHT I couldn't live without. Now I've realized how many things I CAN live without. Many, many things. Some things were harder to weed out but I feel like going to the temple weekly has made it easier. It's still a work in progress. Weeds seem to grow and pop up everywhere and all the time so I'm still in the process of weeding.


Image result for lds general conference quotes


P.S. If you need help studying the different scriptures that Pres. Nelson encouraged us to read then go to this website: https://www.emilybellefreeman.com/inklings
Emily has broken it up in small amounts. It's simple and a great way to study from now until April.