Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

12.23.2020

Dance Recital

All moms have fails and when it happens you hope that it's not too big of a deal if it happens. COVID has really thrown me off my game when it comes to remembering when we have events and activities. Sienna's and Lynnlee's dance classes are on Monday. Dance is on our mind for another day or two and then we forget about it until the next week. Well, on the week of their dance recital we remembered Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then by Thursday and Friday I had completely forgotten about the recital on Saturday. We went swimming Saturday morning. Then had lunch and Lynnlee had plans to go to a friend's house. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost because otherwise I would have had a huge ginormous fail of all mom fails. I was doing Lynnlee's hair and the spirit whispered to look at my calendar at Jameson's futsol game time. At first I ignored it because James was already at his game and Marshall was bringing him home so it wasn't something I really needed to know. Then it whispered again and thankfully I listened. I looked at my calendar and saw that Sienna and Lynnlee had a dance recital in Saratoga Springs at 3:30 and needed to be there at 3:15. At this point it was 2:30. It was tight but thankfully it was enough time to get costumes on, do hair and make up and get them there. Thankfully the hairstyles and make up they needed were really simple. I was breathing a sigh of relief the rest of the day that we made it and it all worked out.

They both did a great job on their dances! Lynnlee danced to the song "Christmas the Whole Year Round" by Sabrina Carpenter. Sienna danced to "A Wonderful Christmas Time" by Demi Lovato.