Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

12.27.2020

Gingerbread Houses

We got to decorate a big gingerbread house together at the beginning of the month but we still wanted to do individual gingerbread houses. Usually I glue graham crackers together with melted sugar but this year we decided to use Royal icing to glue them together. It worked pretty well. My icing was a little on the runny side so it took a little while to dry. Next year I need to add a little more powdered sugar. Then it will be perfect. I liked doing that a lot better than sugar glue. I usually get burned by the sugar at least once.

Poor Kaden has been getting headaches weekly for the past year. They started happening more frequently in the last few months. Over Christmas break he got one almost everyday. The night we decorated gingerbread houses he got a headache and it was so bad he threw up. I decorated his gingerbread house for him. (the gate in the picture is to keep Chewie in the kitchen)


We took pictures the next morning when Kaden was feeling better.