Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.16.2023

President's Cup

The following weekend I went back to St. George but with James. His soccer team played in President's Cup. It is a tournament that takes place in Mesquite but we stayed in St. George. James and his friends drove down with Rachel and so that left me on my own for the whole drive. I talked to Ali from my house until I got to Cedar City! That definitely helped the drive go by quickly.

The first game was on Thursday afternoon. It was a very close game. Definitely a tough loss! We went to dinner at Honululu Grill that night and it was really good and fun to try. Then we had dessert at Nielsen's Frozen Custard. Yum!

Friday morning I ran up to the Temple Quarry Trailhead and ran the trail. I normally don't like to do trails by myself so I texted Marshall and let him know. Thankfully I was totally fine on the trail and really didn't need to worry. It was a fun and easy trail and had a great view west of St. George.




Friday they didn't have a game until late so we had lots of time to use up. We ate lunch at Farmstead. It was a really yummy french bakery. Then we did an escape room. Well, the boys did an escape room and Erin had connections with the owners. While dropping them off they asked if the adults wanted to do an escape room while the boys did theirs. So the adults did one too.
It was really fun and we did it!
They ended up losing Friday night and it was also a close game and super sad to lose. We could have won but just couldn't score. Ugh! 
Saturday morning I ran north to a trail next to the Red Cliffs Parkway. I was super excited about seeing this logo. I would love to do a half Ironman in St. George. Hopefully one of these years it will work out!
James's last game was Saturday morning. It was brutal. We got creamed and just lost by a lot. It was a rough end to the tournament. I appreciate his team though. They didn't give up. The tournament challenged them, humbled them, and hopefully will push them to keep trying.

We had plans to stay until Monday. Even though James's team was out of the tournament we were going to stay and enjoy the weekend. Sadly a winter storm was coming in late Saturday night through Monday. We felt like we needed to head home after the game to beat the storm. It was super sad to leave but I'm glad we did so the drive home was safer. 
James was sad at first but all of his friends drove home with us and then he got to hang out with them once we got home too so he ended up being ok with it.