Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

11.26.2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

I loved my Thanksgiving weekend and didn't want it to end. We spent Thanksgiving day at my sister Ali's house. Our dinner was delicious and it was fun to spend time with family all day. There was a lot of relaxing, looking through the ads, and watching football. The weather was beautiful and the kids had fun playing outside.

Betsy stayed at our house and it was so fun! She is the favorite Aunt so my kids were in heaven all weekend. Friday we went shopping, not crazy early but around 9:00 after getting up and eating breakfast. Before I had kids I liked the early morning shopping but for now I'm taking a break. Not to mention all the stores that are open on Thanksgiving now. Kind of takes away the excitement of waking up early and being the first in the store Friday morning. I would rather enjoy the holiday with family at home then out shopping Thanksgiving night.

Friday afternoon we saw the movie, Rise of the Guardians. It was the most enjoyable movie experience with the whole family. Kaden was happy through half and then slept the other half like a perfect 3rd baby. (We have a joke about needing child #3 to be perfect since being out numbered and having 3 kids is so crazy) I didn't even have to leave the theater. Lynnlee watched the whole thing and didn't need a potty break, unheard of :). James watched the whole thing sitting next to his cousin Katelyn on one side and Aunt Bets on the other side. Doesn't get much better than that! The kids were so great it was me that spilled the soda. Luckily an almost empty cup but someone had to do it.

We ate at Five Guys after the movie. Then went to Toys R Us. I don't go to that store very often so I forget how much fun it is. It is always crazy to me how many toys are there. When we got home Betsy read a bedtime story to James and Lynnlee. They loved it!

Saturday morning we had a nice lazy morning. Slept in or until my kids woke up. Betsy and I made crafts. She found some really cute ideas on Pinterest for Christmas trees. (Pictured below) They were fun and easy to make, right up my alley. You take a card board cone from a craft store or you can use a cereal box and roll it into a cone shape. The green tree I painted green and then glued green beads on. The silver tree I painted silver and then wrapped a type of yarn around.
I stayed in my pajamas until the afternoon. We were sad when Betsy had to go home. I wish she lived next door.

Sunday we had a 2nd Thanksgiving with Beckie and Anthony. Everything tasted so good. Got my fill of turkey. I'm glad my kids love turkey a lot too.

I didn't want the weekend to end but I'm excited for Christmas and all the fun traditions in December.