Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.08.2014

Christmas Vacation



I love Christmas vacation! It was nice to have a break from the everyday routine. There were days we stayed in our pajamas all day long. 

I love all the traditions every year. Bowling on Christmas Eve is one of my favorite traditions. This is where is all happens. Basically my aunts and uncles on my dad's side and my siblings all get together at Holiday Lanes. We take up half the lanes between all of us and we bowl, eat lunch, and catch up with each other.


Lynnlee was my buddy. James bowled all on his own and had fun with cousins. Kaden was a daddy's boy the whole time and clung to Marshall. Every time Marshall bowled I had to peel Kaden off of him and then try and hold him while he screamed and cried until he got Marshall back. I helped Lynnlee bowl and she cheered for me when I bowled.


Christmas Eve wouldn't be complete without a party at Grandpa and Grandma Lowry's house and a visit from Charlie. James, Lynnlee and Kaden all received presents from Charlie and they weren't shy about getting them. James looks forward to this all year.




Christmas morning started at 8:00 in our home. James woke up at 7:30 but we made him wait until Kaden and Lynnlee woke up. By 8:00 he was too excited and turned all the lights on so they would wake up.


It was a lovely morning. My kids opened their presents. Marshall's parents visited that morning and had breakfast with us. My kids were so excited to show them all their presents. For breakfast we had French toast made with the chunky cinnamon bread from Kneaders. It was so delicious and will definitely become a tradition.


Andrea invited us on a sleigh ride that afternoon in Midway at her parent's house. It was our first sleigh ride for the year and so fun. Who wouldn't want to go on a sleigh ride on Christmas?!


James and Lynnlee rocked their Christmas jammies. I was suppose to work Christmas night but I want to thank the pregnant women of Utah County for holding off on going into labor Christmas night so I could spend it with my family. We went to dinner at my parents and spent the night, staying up late to watch a movie and play games.
I'm glad we got through all of the sickness before Christmas so we could enjoy a healthy holiday!