Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.12.2014

Curve Ball

Our twins got their first present this weekend. It was from our favorite, Aunt Betsy! She is the best and so thoughtful. I can't wait until March when we find out their genders so we can start getting everything ready.

It has been an exciting weekend. We are so excited to be having twins but we are still wrapping our heads around it. Marshall and I could not fall asleep Friday night. I couldn't stop thinking about how much our lives will change in July. Going from 2 kids to 3 kids was difficult for me and I didn't really have a handle on things until Kaden was a year old. After that it has been no big deal having 3 kids. I'm just a little nervous for the jump from 3 to 5 to say the least! I always wanted to live out of state but at this point I couldn't be happier that we live close to both parents and lots of family who want to help out.

Last night I couldn't sleep and so I started reading on the internet about twins. I had an "Ah ha" moment reading one of the articles that said mom's pregnant with twins have more heartburn early on, more nausea, more tired and a more difficult time sleeping early on. It all made sense. This explains exactly how I have been feeling the last 7 weeks. Each of my pregnancies have gotten progressively harder so I just chalked it up to pregnancy number 4. Now I know that this is all normal when carrying twins. Thank goodness the article also said that the symptoms should subside after the first trimester.

We are going to have 5 kids under the age of 6! Ahhh! You never know what curve balls will be thrown your way in life and this is definitely something I didn't see coming. I think God has a sense of humor and also knew I didn't want to be pregnant anymore after this so he decided to slip one more in there. He also has higher expectations for me than I have for myself. At this point I'm just glad it's twins and not triplets.  I'm also relieved that I have until July to prepare.


I can't wait to have two bundles of joy sleeping in a bassinet next to me.