Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.10.2014

What?!

At the end of November we found out we are expecting. I have such a hard time keeping a secret that it was super hard to be around family and not leak the news. I decided that it would be best to wait until my first ultrasound before sharing the news.

We ended up telling our families over new years but decided to wait until the ultrasound before telling everyone else. I have been looking forward to my appointment all week. I just couldn't wait to see my ultrasound with a baby inside.

I went to the appointment by myself and Marshall stayed home with the kids. It was just a routine appointment so it made sense to go by myself. The doctor started the ultrasound and I was talking away and not even paying attention. The doctor went silent and just stopped what he was doing. It scared me and I said, "What? Is everything ok?" Then he said, "Yes, you are having twins!" I just started laughing and he kept trying to show me but I couldn't stop laughing. He showed me and then tried to get a snap shot but I just kept laughing so finally I stopped long enough for a snap shot which is posted below but it's not the best picture because I wasn't the most cooperative. I was totally in shock and all I could do was laugh.

I laughed the whole way home and couldn't wait to tell Marshall in person. Thank goodness the doctor's office is just a few minutes away. Marshall happened to be in the garage when I pulled up. I got out of the car laughing and couldn't stop laughing to tell him. Instead I handed him the ultrasound picture. He figured it out pretty fast.

We told our kids and James jumped up and down cheering and told us he was excited because his friend has twins in her family. Lynnlee didn't really get it but after awhile she said she is excited although I still don't think she gets it.

We are shocked but we are so happy and excited. It will be one crazy adventure! Five out of the six women in my cul-de-sac are all pregnant and there are a few other pregnant women outside the cul-de-sac so needless to say there will be lots of babies in our neighborhood. It is going to be a party!