Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.01.2014

Egg Belly

I had a check up this past week. These babies are anxious to get here apparently. I first started having lots and lots of braxton-hicks contractions at 26 weeks but I wasn't dilating so it was not a big deal. The contractions have not let up since then and now I'm dilated to a 2 at 31 and 1/2 weeks. I'm not on bed rest as of now but I'm suppose to take it easy. Now I will have two check ups every week including a non stress test each time. Friday and Saturday I went to the hospital and received a shot of steroids to speed up the babies' lung development. Hopefully they stay in and cook a little longer.

The doctor measures my belly each time and the size of my belly right now is 40 weeks. I feel 40 weeks and it messes with my mind because I feel ready but I'm not there yet with two babies. Most women carrying twins measure 45 weeks by the time they deliver twins!


May 18 - 29 weeks


May 25 - 30 weeks
 


June 1 - 31 weeks
I'm sticking straight out and feel like I have a big egg growing out.