Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.07.2015

Swiss Days '15

Our Swiss Days weekend started off Friday with my kids making boo boo bunnies. Boo boo bunnies are the cheapest entertainment and are made out of wash cloths rolled up and shaped like a bunny with a rubberband to keep them in place. You  can put an ice cube in them and put them on your boo boo, hence the name. We have a lot of baby wash cloths so we went to town and made a lot (not all pictured).


I checked James and Lynnlee out of school that afternoon and we went to Heber. They got to play with a real bunny. Ali's family adopted this cute bunny Ivy. My kids loved her, especially Taggart. I recorded a video of him laughing and smiling with her.


That evening we went to Swiss Days and walked around. It wasn't too crowded and it was cooler weather which was so nice! My three older kids each got to pick something out. Lynnlee picked this beautiful blue night gown.


We love sleep overs at grandma's! Even better when cousins are there and our favorite Aunt Betsy! We were definitely sad that grandma was in Chicago but we were glad Papa Kelly was there.


Saturday morning started off early with the 10k and kids races.

Ali and I ran the 10k. I have been looking forward to this race all summer. I was hoping to run a 7:15 mile and I got close enough with a 7:16 mile. I have been scarred by my terrible marathon in May so I was so worried this one wouldn't go well. I was so happy with how it all turned out though.



The kids' races followed the 10k.



Kaden went first. His smile during the race was priceless. He starts soccer next week and I hope he has the same look on his face when he plays.


James and Lynnlee ran next. James was 2nd out of the boys ages 5-8.




Lynnlee finished strong and was 6th place out of the girls ages 5-8. You would never guess she's our heart hero.


Everyone got a stein and a ribbon.



We went to the parade after the race. It was fun to see my dad playing his accordian with the senior citizen band.


Ali and I decided she needs to own a golf cart like this someday so she can take Betsy, Katie and me golfing.



We spent the rest of the day relaxing at my parent's house. The BYU game couldn't have been better and it was the cherry on top to our fantastic weekend.