Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

11.09.2015

Halloween '15

We had plenty of opportunities to dress up this year. I tried to get a picture of everyone. James dressed up as Luke Skywalker this year. He is all about Star Wars and a little obsessed. He made a cute Jedi.



Lynnlee first said she wanted to be a cheerleader and then she changed to a baby. It was a good costume considering she can use it for pajamas afterwards.


Kaden was all about being Spiderman. He picked out his costume the beginning of September. It came with a mask but he preferred having his face painted since the mask wasn't very comfortable.



James had his Halloween parade in the morning. It was fun to see him. Lynnlee loved watching everyone go by. She has afternoon kindergarten so she got to watch. Kaden was anything but entertained and couldn't wait to go home. The minis were very good sitting in strollers and eating snacks. Kaden ended up running off at the end when everyone was heading out of the gym. I was stuck behind a long line of parents and couldn't catch up to him, especially with two umbrella strollers. Thanks to good moms out there and my friends, he was found. It was a scary ordeal. I wasn't sure where he went. He could have been wandering the halls, walking to the car which was parked down the road a ways, or on the play ground. I had friends looking on the playground, in the halls and down the road. I got a call from my friends who walked down the road and they said they found him standing with some other moms who we didn't know. They kept him from going into the busy road. Oh how I'm grateful for moms and watching out for him! I have great friends too who dropped what they were doing to look for him!

Later that day I got to help in James's class with his Halloween party. I was in charge of the craft. We made ghosts out of white paper plates, tissue paper and black paper for the eyes and mouth.

Lynnlee's parade was short and sweet with the afternoon kindergartners. She was pretty excited for it.


Marshall went all out to be Gru. We wanted to match the minis with a Despicable Me theme. My mom did a great job knitting a black and gray scarf.

I had costume identity confusion. I wanted to be Lucy but had a hard time finding a dress. So for the trunk-or-treat and some of the other Halloween activities, I dressed up as Superwoman to go with Kaden.

On the day before Halloween I found a dress and high heels at DI and a scarf at the dollar store. It was fun matching Marshall and the minis.


Friday night we went to a Halloween party at the Lehi rec center. We took Katelyn and Drew too. Everyone was well behaved. No one got lost. We trick-or-treated and played games.


Halloween night we kept with tradition and went to my parent's house. We have dinner, trick-or-treat for a bit and then hang out and the cousins play and eat candy. It's always a good time. James and Lynnlee went around the neighborhood with their older cousins. Kaden and the minis walked around with Marshall, Betsy and me. Kaden was tired pretty quickly so we were done before 6:30. The minis were happy in the wagon because they got dumb dumbs and smarties.