Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

11.25.2015

Thankful Tree

When enduring trials you learn to be grateful for the little things. It's not about just enduring but enduring well. It's hard to find things to be grateful for on the more difficult days so you have to dig deep. In dealing with our renter there have been good and bad days. Some days I sail through and have lots to be grateful for. On days when we get bad news I have to look at the big picture and dig deep. I think about how Marshall and I have grown a lot closer. As a family we have grown a lot closer. My family has grown closer as they help us through. I've lost weight from all of the stress. I've learned a lot about being a landlord, renter laws and the court system. The list of blessings goes on. If I point out all of the blessings that have come from it then it makes enduring the trial easier.

We haven't kept up with all of our normal Thanksgiving family night traditions. We chose to forgo the Hallo-Turkey Challenge. To my surprise my kids took me up on my offer to buy their Halloween candy from them which meant no candy to make turkeys with. In the end they didn't mind not making them.

Sunday we took a second and made our thankful tree which looks more like a bush. I know I've been reflecting more on gratitude lately but I also want my kids to think about all they have to be grateful for. We are now ready for Thanksgiving.