Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.22.2016

Labor Day '16

We woke up Labor Day and wanted a fun adventure to somewhere new. Marshall had a great idea to go to Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was chilly there. We had a picnic lunch when we first got there.




There is a boardwalk around most of the lake.  It is very kid friendly walking around the lake.


The back side of the lake is a trail through the woods. The kids had fun playing on the logs, rocks, and trees.





Sienna cried so hard when Marshall climbed up this slab.










I have the worst memory but I do know that my brother Kasey and I were really close when I was younger. I don't remember everything but I do remember tagging along with him a few times. When I see James and Sienna I think of me and Kasey. James loves Sienna so much and likes spending time with her. These are genuine smiles right here!






We drove up to Guardsman Pass after.


On the way back down we stopped at Hidden Falls. It isn't too far off the road so it was easy for the kids to hike to. They had fun playing near the waterfall.

Marshall said in the spring the waterfall is really big. It was pretty small as you can see.


We finished off the day with eating pizza at a park for family night. The day couldn't have been better. I love holidays!