Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.15.2016

Trip to Japan: Tuesday in Sapporo

We've only been home a few weeks and I'm already getting the mornings confused. We had this meal from Sayu on Tuesday. It kept me filling full through going to the temple until we ate lunch.

The Sapporo Temple had a special opening on Tuesday with a limited number of sessions, initiatory and baptisms for the dead. We got there early hoping to get in the first session. Sayu and I were so grateful for the sweetest sister who got out of line so we could both attend the session together. Marshall and Tsutomu barely made it in too. It was the best going through the session with them. We enjoyed sitting in the Celestial Room with them after.


This is the view when you come out the doors of the temple.

A closer view of the waterfall and pond.

View to the side. This would be a beautiful temple for wedding pictures.

I walked around and took pictures.







I loved experiencing Japan with Marshall. Our day at the temple was so special and it was great to help him fulfil his goal. We joke that his is the year of Marshall because he went sky diving and now to Japan which were two huge items on his list. I've enjoyed the journey as well and it's the least I could do for all the marathons he has supported me through.


Temple store and temple housing on the left.







I slacked on food pictures from lunch. We were pretty excited that the restaurant had a soda Marshall liked when he served there. It has a marble in the top that you pop down to open the soda. It is pretty unique design.

We went shopping to a few dollar stores on Tuesday. The dollar stores like I said in a previous post, have everything. I had to get some pics for the memory books.

The store is huge!

We tried out lots of sodas and flavored water. My favorite were the two grape drinks on the right. They tasted like Hi-Chews but in liquid form.

Sayu made us dinner and I thought we had taken a picture. She cooked lamb and mutton on a skillet at the dinner table. Also bean sprouts and onions. We ate them with a soy based sauce and rice. I was proud of myself for trying it because I'm normally not a mutton eater. As a picky eater I came a long way this trip. Who would have thought that the girl who wouldn't eat hamburgers for fifteen years would be eating so many unique foods.