Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.16.2016

Trip to Japan: Wednesday in Sapporo

Sayu made us a yummy breakfast on our last morning. I loved the banana drink she made us.

 We drove through Sapporo on the way to the airport. We stopped at the mission home which is now the old mission home. Marshall has eleven months of memories here. It just happened to be the day they were moving to the new mission home so most the rooms were vacant. Marshall enjoyed showing me around and taking some pictures of the office and apartment.


We went to this grocery store Tuesday but I forgot to post it. After you pay for your groceries you take them to a separate table and put them in bags.


 There is a beautiful park that is many blocks longs and one block wide. We took this picture standing at one end.




This tower was at the other end.


We were sad to leave the Takahashi's. They are such wonderful people and took such good care of us.



Our flight from Sapporo was delayed for plane maintenance. We didn't get to Tokyo in time to make our connection to LA. I was pretty sad about this because I was missing my kiddos. I also knew they would be disappointed when they found out we weren't getting home Wednesday at dinner time but Thursday, early in the morning.

The airlines rerouted us through Hawaii. It was vacation for Japan and so there were a lot of Japanese families on our flight. It was fun to see how excited they were when we landed in Hawaii. I was jealous. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii so I hope to go back when I can stay longer than two hours.

This was our breakfast on our flight to Hawaii. Such a strange mixture of food: Lemon custard, pancakes with tuna fish and a boiled egg, edamame, eggs on rice and mushrooms and sea food.



We had a long day of flying going from Hawaii to Seattle and then to Salt Lake. The flight from Seattle to Salt Lake had at most twenty people. They upgraded us to first class without us even asking.

We a late night snack in first class.

We landed in Salt Lake at 1:00 am Thursday. Our luggage got lost but luckily they found it and delivered it to us Thursday night. We were so happy to be home. Thursday morning our kids were so happy to see us. I'm so grateful for all who watched our kids so we could go to Japan!

Marshall put together a fun slideshow of the pictures from my phone. If you click here you can watch it on YouTube.