Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.07.2016

Trip to Japan: Friday

Thursday night we went to bed early again. I really don't like being tired on trips so I was happy to get sleep. I woke up early on Friday and couldn't get back to sleep so we went running.  We ran to the park where we walked around Wednesday. The park had marked running paths that were different distances. We tried out each of the three.

Here is a pic of our tiny room. Everything is compact in Japan with limited space.

We saw these robots all over. Our hotel lobby had one too.


Here is the outside of our hotel.


We stayed down the street from the world's busiest train station.


We walked around Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden that morning.

I spy a turtle on a rock in the middle of the water.

It was so quiet in the garden surrounded by the city.






We didn't stay too long at the garden because we had a flight to catch that afternoon to Sapporo. I was amazed at how many drink machines there were in Tokyo. Every corner had a few. It was so hot and humid in Tokyo. We tried a lot of flavored water, vitamin water and soda while we were there.


Another view of our hotel.


We took trains to Narita airport which was about an hour away. I was impressed with Marshall's navigating skills while we were in Tokyo. He always got us on the right trains and where we needed to go.
We rode the Hello Kitty themed train.


Narita Airport was very interesting. This track looking floor went through the terminals.

Boarding the plane:




It is hard to see but the crew waved to us as we left the gate.


I met the Takahashi's when we got to Sapporo. It was so good to meet them in person. They are the sweetest and nicest couple. They were great hosts to us. This was the view from the top floor of their apartment building.

They took us to a sushi restaurant. I tried almost everything but I have to admit that I really don't like the texture of raw fish. I will eat it but it doesn't make me feel full or satisfied.

After dinner they took us to a bath house. Obviously there are no pictures for that. I will say that it was a cultural experience and I'm glad we don't have them in the US. It was way out of my comfort zone.