Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.13.2017

My Special Project

I always have a rude awakening when I find out of much it costs to hire out and pay someone else to do a job. We have a large garden in our back yard that I've taken care of the last few years. It is like a part time job. It's so big and the weeds grow so fast. Last year I couldn't stay on top of it and I spent hours each week. I attended a gardening class for Relief Society. The teacher explained that gardens can be whatever you want and don't have to be a lot of work. That's when I decided I wanted to downsize our garden. I wish I had a good "before" picture. This whole area was covered in weeds that were waist high. It took me a few hours to get all the weeds out. Then I got some bids to see how much it would be to have the extra dirt removed. We had built up the garden so it was about a foot taller than the grass. I was shocked when I got a bid back that was so much money. I knew that I would have to do the work.

Thanks to Lowry Doors for lending us a trailer. I started on a Monday and loaded the trailer full of dirt. Then I posted free dirt on KSL. Thankfully we found someone in Lehi who wanted it and Marshall helped me deliver it. Then Tuesday and Wednesday I loaded the trailer full of more dirt. The same guy wanted it the second load thankfully.

Ali and Angeline were a huge help two different days helping me shovel and load the dirt. It was an exhausting job.



I put the cinder blocks around the trees and tried to level it.

Saturday Marshall helped me with the sprinklers and leveling the rest of it. He found free sod on KSL and we put it down during a crazy storm. Now it feels so good to be done after two weeks of hard work!