Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.28.2018

Wise Man

I felt some stress with the new change to the Sunday schedule. Sundays are a delight but they can be a little long with Marshall's schedule as a bishop. Three hours of church has been great for the ages of my kids. We are all fed spiritually and then we spend time together after our meetings are over. The new changes give me more responsibility for teaching my kids at home. Hopefully it means Marshall won't have more meetings and that we'll see him an extra hour and he can share in the teaching.

On the other hand there is excitement in the change if we have the kids take turns preparing and teaching. Lynnlee really wanted to teach the Wise Man and the Foolish Man story a few Sundays ago. She gathered up all of the supplies and then taught the lesson. It was really fun for her to be the teacher. My kids think really literally and so I tried to help them apply this lesson to their own lives. Hopefully they can continue to build their own firm foundations now so they will enjoy attending church, keeping the commandments and keeping covenants down the road.