Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

11.04.2018

Fall Break

Fall Break was unique this year. Marshall planned on taking Kaden and James hunting for a majority of the break but some bishop duties took priority.
Thursday I took the kids to Funtopia. We finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family and it was their reward. I forgot my phone at home unfortunately and so I have no pictures.
Here is a stock photo so you can see what a fun place for kids.

funtopiamain-1100x389


Friday we went with aunt Pat to the Bean Museum and then to the BYU Creamery.



The boys went hunting Saturday so Lynnlee, the minis and me packed our day full of fun. We started off with swimming at the rec center. It was so fun and felt warmer compared to when we go at night.

We had lunch at Waffle Love. Lynnlee was so excited to eat there. She has wanted to go there for a long time. 

Then we went to a newer park in Saratoga Springs. Lastly we went to the dollar theater and saw Hotel Transylvania 3. As far as cost goes it was pretty inexpensive and it was nothing fancy or amazing but they all loved the day. Throughout the whole day they kept telling me thank you. As a parent you enjoy doing nice things for your kids when they appreciate it. I felt appreciated and loved spending the day with them.


Marshall and I have been married 13 years! Saturday was the official day but we went out to dinner a week before. We did our traditional chocolate fondue dessert Sunday night as a family. Yum!




Our school had Monday off for fall break too. We went to Antelope Island. Marshall wasn't able to get off of work sadly. My mom came with us and was great company.



 I haven't been there since I was a kid. The water is so low. It was a very long walk from the parking lot to the water, at least a half mile. Once there everyone played in the sand and water. It wasn't as salty looking as I remember. I hope to go back next summer when it's warm enough to swim.

This is the view looking towards the lake from the parking lot. It was a long walk and hard for lots of little legs. While we were there a bus came with some Chinese tourist. A few of them took pictures with the kids. :0 They felt pretty special. :)